Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick-Or-Treat

Another year of trick-or-treating is over. This year was hysterical. Jack was really into the whole thing and once the twins discovered all the candy that was involved they couldn't get enough. This year we had a fire breathing dragon and two dogs. We did two rounds of trick-or-treating. In the afternoon we went to my mom's office. The kids and grand-kids of the employees can come in and trick-or treat in the afternoon. I decided to let the twins walk and at first they didn't really understand. Eventually though, they realized that in the bowls and buckets were candy and they could grab some. They always had candy in both hands and when they would go to get more they would often just make an exchange. Drop their candy in and grab something new. I had to throw away many pieces of melted, mangled candy that their little hands had crushed. They seemed to really enjoy themselves. Jack of course had a great time. He is quite exuberant in his trick-or-treating. He really enjoyed breathing fire on everyone too. What was really funny is when I'd ask him, "What do you say, Jack?" and he would stand their confused, wondering, "Do I say trick-or-treat or do I say thank you or do I breath fire on them?" We had a fun afternoon, then came home and ate dinner so we could go around our neighborhood. I haven't lived in a good trick-or-treating neighborhood since I was 6 so I was pretty excited this year. We had a big crew that went out and the big kids had so much fun. They ran most of the time and instead of ringing door bells they would just stand at the door and scream "trick-or-treat". Thankfully, Kyle was tall enough to reach the door bells. As they ran off with the candy they would scream "thank you" over their shoulders. Sometimes, Jack would actually say thank you at the door and then immediately breath fire on the candy giver. The little kids had fun getting to walk some and ride in the wagons. We let them go to a few houses and somehow Logan ended up by himself in a wagon full of candy. He got the wrapper off a tootsie pop and reclined himself in the wagon with a happy grin. Now I think I have three candy addicts on my hands. The twins just kept signing more when we got home and staring at the bucket full of candy. 

fire breathing dragon

Schaeffer the puppy dog

the big kids-Silas, Jack and Kyle

All the kids-a lemur, a ladybug, an angry bird, two dragons, and two dogs.

Logan and Schaeffer getting in on the candy.

My favorite picture of the night, Logan enjoying his sucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com