Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday-Thankfulness Plate

My sister had the idea to do a Thankful Thursday blog post for every Thursday in November as a way to celebrate Thanksgiving. I'm stealing her idea.

Jack had a bit of homework for school this week. He brought home a small paper plate and we had instructions to decorate it however we wanted to show the things the Friend family is thankful for. True to my nature, we started the small project about 8:20 last night and Jack had to stay up late to get it done. Oops! Early in the day I had talked to him about the project and tried to explain thankfulness to him. I'm quite certain the concept did not click, but he did his best to understand. Last night we sat down at the computer and looked for pictures of the things we were thankful for. His plate turned into a collage as we crammed as many pictures on as we could. After Jack went to bed I took all the pictures off and re-glued them and rearranged them so they actually fit on the plate. At some point (probably starting now!) I have got to resist my urge to make Jack's projects look better. I'm working on that, but this time none of the pictures were staying because he hardly put any glue on, so I had to do something :-)

Jack's plate showed our thankfulness for:
-Family
-Friends
-Jesus
-School
-Tractors
-Play-Doh Toys
-and of course Trains-which he insisted we had two pictures of

Clearly, Jack chose some of these and Paul and I chose some of these. When I talked about being thankful for our families, Jack was quick to name all of his cousins. We do love our extended family a great deal and feel extremely blessed to have such a loving and supportive community of parents/grandparents, siblings/aunt/uncles, and nieces/nephews/cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com