Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for my husband. Last night at dinner Jack asked if he could look at my ring. I held out my hand for him to inspect and a conversation ensued about just what this ring on mommy's finger was. He asked if I would take it off and I said no, I never take it off because it is very special (and possibly stuck!). I told him that Daddy gave me these rings because he loves me and because he promised to always be married to me. I don't recall the exact questions Jack asked, but I repeatedly told him that I would never take them off because I would always love Daddy and that these rings were a gift from Daddy. So today I rejoice and am thankful that those words are true. And I praise God for my husband who won't bail when I make life miserable, who is an encouragement to me, and who works incredibly hard for his family. My best friend who loves me unwaveringly.

1 comment:

  1. i love it! i lost a diamond in my ring and had to turn it in to Kay to get replaced. I was looking at all the engagement jewelry there while I was waiting and remembering how excited I felt when we were picking out my ring. How precious that memory and that one piece of jewelry still is to me :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com