Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our Weekend

So Paul's out of town again. He left for Baltimore yesterday morning and gets back Tuesday afternoon if everything goes well. We miss him and Jack is very aware of his absence. Jack went looking for Paul at church today after I picked him up from the nursery. I set him down and he took off running and yelling "Daaaad". He went right to the place where we normally meet with friends after church. It was both very sweet and sad. (Sorry honey. I know how hard it is for you to be away. He won't remember this and he knows you love him!) I choose to focus on how adorable it is that Jack loves his daddy so much. And I tell him every day that Paul is gone how much his daddy loves him and misses him. 
Yesterday we had lunch with some good friends and Jack got to spend some time with his friends as well. He and Caleb had a lot of fun chasing each other in circles around the house. They love when there is room to run. The kids finished eating lunch before the adults....big surprise and Caleb and Jack went into the other room to play. It was fairly quiet so I poked my head in expecting to see them getting in trouble but instead it was the cutest sight. Caleb was playing quietly in a corner and Jack had crawled up in the rocking chair and was just sitting quietly rocking away with his hands in his lap. It totally cracked me up for some reason. Cute kids.
This evening I'm babysitting for the Lyons. Chanda surprised Matt with tickets to the Bears game...lucky ducks. So anyway, while I was preparing dinner the girls were upstairs playing and Jack was watching a show in the living room by the kitchen. He crawled up right by their dog, Lexi, and was all snuggled with her. He had his arm resting on her back just watching TV. They were so cute. I tried to get a picture but by the time I found the camera he had gotten up, probably to figure out what I was doing in the other room.He really likes Lexi, which is funny because if I was Jack's size I don't think I would like Lexi. She's an energetic boxer who is always getting up in Jack's face and licking him and sometimes knocking him over. But whatever, Jack loves Lexi.
So that's our weekend. We're looking forward to Paul coming home and Thanksgiving this week.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts. Nobody seems to comment much so I thought I should say that I love reading your posts so keep posting.

    Aunt Megan

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com