Monday, November 16, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper

So in keeping with my proud mom theme from yesterday I thought I should mention some of the things Jack has been learning lately. I'm not sure when this first started but probably within the past month or two  I realized that Jack had the ability to follow simple directions. So we've been working really hard on obeying and being a little helper. He puts his hat, coat and shoes away. He's still quite particular about this too. They all just go in a bin in the closet, but if he misses and something lands on the floor near the bin he absolutely feels the need to get it right. I'm guessing it won't last but how great if it does. He also is my laundry helper. He helps me sort the clothes by following my directions for which pile an item goes in. Yes, he does often make a bigger mess of things than if he didn't help, but it's so cute to see him try and it's good practice. He also helps me load the dryer by pushing the wet clothes in after I put them on the door. This weekend he helped me unload the dishwasher by handing me the silverware and putting the measuring spoons in the drawer I pointed to. He also loves throwing things away, especially his diapers. And yesterday Paul taught him what the recycling bin is so now he will put recycling away when asked. We've also been working on picking up toys, especially when he makes a big mess with blocks or balls. Sometimes he puts up a fight, but usually he just picks up when I ask him to. Perhaps if we start now and stay consistent he will be better at these things than his mommy!


Oh yeah....and he also likes to take his plate from the table to the kitchen after dinner. This evening he got down from dinner went off for a minute and then came running back like he really wanted something. Paul put him back on his chair and he grabbed his plate then wanted down so he could bring it to me in the kitchen. It's so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com