Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Radishes!

We have been spending quite a bit of our free time at my parent's house tending to the garden. I should take a picture of the whole thing so you can see just how big it's gotten (and we aren't done planting yet!) and just how many weeds their are. Turns out I am the slowest but most thorough weeder in the family. My perfectionist tendancies are not meant for gardening! I have spent hours upon hours digging up weeds and yet have not even finished more than 2 rows. In an effort to help keep the weeds at bay we put down a bunch of straw. The boys actually were helpful with this, though perhaps a bit too zealous! 


We reaped our first (small) harvest the other week. Our first planting of radishes was ready to be picked. Turns out Jack really likes radishes, Logan says he does but only takes on bite each time and Schaeffer does not like radishes. Also turns out we didn't plant enough the first time. It's fun to have even a little bit of success, though I have perhaps let it go to my head and now think I can grow anything. We shall see if I kill the hostas I purchased this weekend. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I have recently been searching for information approximately this topic for ages and yours
    is the best I've discovered till now. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure in regards to the source?

    Feel free to surf to my web-site: Jackpot 6000

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com