Monday, December 12, 2011

First Snow Dusting

Last week I had to make a late night run to Walmart. I was there for over an hour and a half filling my cart to the brim. I had no coat and flip flops on. Around 11:30 when I finally exited the doors and pushed my load to my van I saw that sometime while I was inside it had started to snow. This was really our second snow, but our first one didn't last long or stick at all. As I crawled in bed I thought how excited Jack would be for the snow, provided it stuck around until morning. My son did not disappoint. Jack came in my room after he woke up and drove his favorite Christmas train around my floor while I slept just a little longer. At some point he left my room and either went downstairs or saw through a window from the top of the stairs. Regardless, he saw the ground outside and flew into my room jumping and spinning and exclaiming, "Mommy, it snowed!". I groggily replied that I knew it had snowed while he continued bouncing around my room telling me about the snow. He asked if he could play in it and before I had even sat up I said yes and he bounded out of my room to grab socks and his boots. Then he sat down on my floor while I slowly made my way to the bathroom. He impressed me by getting both his socks and boots on by himself (I'm not sure he has ever put socks on before, he usually is't wearing any). I grabbed the twins and we all headed downstairs. While grabbing breakfast for the twins I also helped Jack finish getting his coat, gloves and hat on. He bounded outside in a whirlwind of excitement. I watched his delight as he made footprints (which he finds very interesting), threw snow in the air and of course had a taste or two. He didn't really stay out long as he hadn't had breakfast yet and the rest of us had no plans to join him out there. But for those first moments of the day I had so much fun watching him take such delight in what was really just a light dusting of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com