Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Best Christmas Program Ever

Jack had is first ever Christmas program on Tuesday night. What fun it was to see him interact with his classmates and perform his songs and show off his school. He really did a great job. A few days before when I was talking to Jack about his program he asked me if he could wear a costume. Pretty sure he meant like a Halloween costume. Of course I told him no and thankfully when it was time to get ready he didn't protest the Christmas, dressy clothes we had picked out for him. Though leaving his collared shirt tucked in proved to be a challenge for him. We had to get to school early so we could grab enough seats for us and all his grandparents. Jack of course was a bundle of excitement and energy and with every friend he saw he exclaimed, "There's so and so!!!!" During the program he kept trying to catch our eyes and he sang most of the songs and did most of the actions. He didn't act goofy or do silly things he wasn't supposed to. I was impressed. I didn't have the best picture taking view, but I did my best to get a few shots amid other peoples arms, heads and backs. It was a fun night and we were glad to share it with all of Jack's grandparents.


 
They got to use jingle bells for a few songs. For the times they weren't supposed to shake their bells, Jack would hide his under his armpit as as to help avoid the temptation to jingle them.  The other picture I happened to snap right as he caught me pointing the camera and grinning like a proud goofy mom at him, so he gave me his best smile, mid-song. He's very cheesy these days. 


Schaeffer was totally disinterested in the whole affair, with the exception of clapping when everyone else clapped. You can see how excited he looks. Logan just wanted to climb the bleachers and wonder around.  But they look so cute in their Christmas outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com