Monday, October 25, 2010

The Next Cake Boss

Since moving in with my parents I've taken in a lot of cake decorating shows. All in preparation for making a cake for my sister's baby shower this past Sunday. I have made cakes before, for Jack's birthdays, but never using fondant. I figured if I watched the shows I could learn enough to try it for myself. Obviously the professionals have a lot of advantages over me but I think I did a respectable job for my first time. I learned a few lessons along the way. Like make sure your fondant isn't too dry. My base layer had some horrible cracking which Megan tried her best to patch for me. I also learned that I'm better at the detail work than the major stuff. Here is the final product. I think it turned out pretty cute and was tasty too!


3 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com