Friday, October 1, 2010

Head Injury

I think it's fair to say that while I love my eldest son dearly, he is also cause for great frustration in my life these days. He has done a wonderful job adjusting to life as one of three children as opposed to being the only child. And he has also adjusted well to our recent move and current living situation. However, there is really only so much a 2 year old can understand and he has definitely been testing his limits with me lately. He can't understand why he shouldn't roar at or tickle or touch the face of a sleeping baby. When I'm nursing he is often hanging off my arm or whining for more milk or help, frustrated that I can't help him that instant. When I'm trying to rock a baby to sleep he thinks it fun to hit me or whine some more about one thing or another. Sadly, I have lost my temper more than once with him in these situations. We are working on adjusting both his behavior and mine, but I just try to keep reminding myself that he's only 2 and these are difficult adjustments to make. Thankfully, Jack has many other moments throughout our days that make me smile and laugh hysterically. It's pictures like this one that I think I'll treasure. They remind me that while Jack can be frustrating, he is infinitely more cute, sweet and hilarious. In this picture he is sporting Amanda's cow slippers (adult size) and a head bandage he felt necessary after bumping his head on a chair. Paul helped with the head bandage and after it was in place he came running in to the kitchen laughing with a big grin on his face to show me his injury. He so knows how cute and funny he can be.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yo are right...this is definitely a picture/memory to treasure! He is growing up so much. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com