Thursday, August 15, 2013

Kindergarten!

It's been a big week here at the Friend house. Yesterday I accompanied Jack to his first, very short day of kindergarten and today he went for his first regular day, a half day in the afternoon. I am usually the type to be excited as my kids embark on new adventures and this was no exception. However, I was am extremely nervous and apparently a bit emotional. For the first day I kept reading and rereading all my school papers to make sure I had all the right supplies and did't forget any details like what time to arrive and where to go. I was so nervous and Jack thought it was just any other day. He said he was a little excited, not worried or nervous about anything, thought it was cool that Mason was in his class and was pretty much accepting of Silas not being in his class. Meanwhile I was practically biting my nails off! Day 1 was uneventful. Day 2 was today and I spent all morning watching the clock, ticking off the minutes until it was time to leave. We got their a few minutes early and although Jack was really excited to go in by himself he did ask if I would stand outside and wait with him while he waited for his teacher to start their line. It was so sweet of him and as I walked back to the van, waving good bye I started to tear up. I was so shocked at my emotions and honestly it took me a bit to recover. I couldn't even really tell you specifically why there were tears. I suppose it's just emotional seeing your kids grow up and take big steps like going to kindergarten. Probably safe to say I'll be a bawling mess when they go to college. Despite my continued nerves about this coming year I am so excited to seeing Jack learn and grow. Between him being in kindergarten and the twins starting preschool soon, I predict lots of change/growing up this year. Should be an exciting ride!

First day as a Lincoln Lion. All ready to go with his really heavy backpack full of supplies and his gift for his teacher.

Jack with his teacher, Mrs. Parkinson, at the end of his first full day of school. Hopefully he'll learn/remember her name soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com