Friday, October 19, 2012

The Thing I'm Most Scared Of

Disclaimer: Some may find these pictures to be inappropriate. I find them to be funny. And nothing is showing that shouldn't be.

I've been tossing around the idea of potty training the twins now for a while. I know they are on the young side and many will and have said that I should wait until they are at least 3. But right or wrong, I'd love for them to be able to go to preschool next year and you have to be potty trained for that. If I wait until they are three then we will only have a month or so to potty train and that just doesn't seem like enough. So I thought maybe we could start now. I was ready to go gung ho after this potty training thing and then the week I said I would start drew near and I freaked out. Potty training scares me. I have no idea what I'm doing and the boys have no idea what they are doing and it's a mess everywhere and it's hard. I hate it. So then I rethought my plan. I decided to still introduce potty training to the boys I just wouldn't be so gung ho about it. We'll start slow and see what their response is. So I bought some (a lot) of undies and washed and dried them on my hottest settings four or five times. I think they are shrunk as much as I can get them. We got out the potties and we've been talking and sitting and having fun with it. Jack has taken on the roll of teacher and invites his brothers to watch him pee and poop whenever he remembers. When the boys aren't sitting on potty's they are in diapers. I'm just not ready for pee and poop everywhere. We've had no successes so far and one #1 & #2 accident that I was unaware of until an hour later. But they are enjoying it and I really think they kinda, sorta get it, not really. I think for a while we'll just stay on this take it easy course and try to eventually have a success so they can see what that's all about. Eventually, I'm sure we'll have to go gung ho but I'm praying that at least one of my children will be a very quick learner. 

Yay! New undies!!! They were so excited.

Trying them on right away. By the end of this day they each had on over 6 pairs of underwear over their diapers. That will really bulk a kid up.

First day sitting on potties. Jack of course had to be included.

I find this so funny.

Jack talking through how you poop in the potty and the twins taking an observational roll.

Logan wanted Mickey to practice too. It took a few tries but he finally got Mickey's tiny bottom to sit on a potty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com