Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's About Time

I wish you could see Jack's shirt better and read the words under the dog. But black text on a dark blue shirt doesn't photograph exceptionally well. I just had to document this moment though. Back when Jack was 3 or 4 months old, Paul and I took a vacation to Scotland (in conjunction with a work trip) and left Jack in the capable hands of his grandparents. Jack was, in our minds, a very difficult baby and by then I was in desperate need of a break both mentally and physically. I know most people couldn't leave their tiny (and I mean tiny) little baby for a week but I really had no second thoughts about it and no regrets. Jack survived, our parents survived and I was refreshed. While we were there I we came across this shirt and bought it in the smallest size available. The shirt has a picture of a Scottish Terrier on it and underneath it says "I'm a wee terrier". So here is the test for you, how well do you know Jack's name? Cause for better or worse we chose to name Jack after a dog...his name is Jackson Russell Friend. The main reason he ended up being Jackson instead of Jack was to not be named after a dog. We got made fun of but whatever, Russell is an important name to us so we were ok with it. But still this shirt is funny, especially because Jack is also quite "wee". So here we are three and a half years later and he's finally getting to wear his funny Scotland shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com